Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What's in a blog?

Hello Daniels Run Community and welcome to our principal’s blog!  This blog is intended to be a short and sweet glimpse at what’s going on at school each week.  I’m sure your kids never do this, but I know that when my son comes home from school, I ask him what he did at school. I usually get a few standard responses.  “I don’t remember.”  “I don’t know.”  “Nothing.”  Through the great pictures and information that came home from his teacher, I was able to ask better questions and get more of an idea of what his day was like.  So I hope that this blog gives you a window into the life and times of our students and teachers here at DRES.

I first want to say a big thank you publically to Kathy Mullenix, our previous principal.  Not only has she been a dedicated public servant for this school community, but she she also was very kind and gracious to me in the transition, sharing her knowledge and insights on multiple occassions and giving me the opportuinty to meet the staff and students before the school year ended.  Parents, you already know about Mrs. Mullenix’s dedication, but I want to say on behalf of everyone, thank you, Mrs. Mullenix!  There also can be no better model of service than that of our previous assistant principal, Mrs. Jackie Turner.  I came to know her as a fellow assistant principal and have always admired her warmth and heart for kids.  We thank you too Mrs. Turner and wish the both of you the best that retirement has to offer with time to be with family and pursue everything or nothing that suits your fancy!

I know I am excited to get to meet everyone, and I have no doubt that you are curious to get to know more about myself and our new assistant principal, Mr. Dave Gerstner.  There are a few events coming up that will be a fun chance to do just that.  We are hosting two “Popsicles with the Principals” events where we will read some stories with the kids and enjoy some popsicles afterwards.  The first will be this week on Thursday, August 2nd at 10:30 AM.  Then, next week we’ll do one in the afternoon on Tuesday, August 7th at 1:30 PM.

If you can’t make it to either of those, we have another way for you to start to get to know us.  Attached please find a YouTube video of an interview that some of our talented student news anchors did with us yesterday.  I’m sure you’ll agree that they did a great job and asked some great questions!
 I look forward to meet you all soon!

Take care and have a wonderful summer!

AE

No comments:

Post a Comment